Lunch Menu - April 2023 until October 2023
Free School Meals
School lunches are prepared and cooked on the premises daily by our cooks, using only the freshest preservative and additive free ingredients. There is always a vegetarian option and all efforts are made to cater for everyone's tastes. The current price of cooked school lunch is £2.30 which we feel represents good value for a nutritionally balanced meal.
Alternatively children may bring a packed lunch into school.
Children sit in mixed age groups within the school hall and are looked after by Mrs Tobin and Mrs Jenkins who are our mealtime assistants.
Lunch money is paid for in advance either weekly, monthly, or half termly. We encourage the use of Parentpay which is a website to pay for dinners online. However can take cheques made payable to First Federation Trust.
Free School Meal Provision.
All children in Reception, Year 1 & 2 at state schools in England automatically get free school meals. However, parents and carers are also encouraged to apply for free school meals if they are in receipt of:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
This can help their child’s school to attract additional ‘Pupil Premium’ funding to support learning. You can apply through the Citizen Portal on Devon County Council- link, https://oneonline.devon.gov.uk/CCSCitizenPortal_LIVE/Account/Login?ReturnUrl=%2fCCSCitizenPortal_live
This is the quickest and easiest way to apply and to check if you are eligible. You’ll be able to get result in getting an instant decision. Parents and carers can also ring the Educational Helpline on 0345 155 1019
Free fruit is supplied to children in Prawn Class.