Bev Carson is the Parent Support Advisor (PSA) for the Kingsbridge Area Learning Community (KASP).
Her role is to support you and your child and to get the very best from your school by providing support, guidance and information.
Bev will aim to support and help in the following ways...
- Providing direct and confidential support to parents and carers.
- Offering one to one support.
- Giving you a chance to meet with other parents and carers at a drop in.
- Providing information about other services that may be able to help you.
- Providing parents and carers with learning opportunities.
- Putting parents and carers in touch with support groups.
- Providing information about school matters.
- Offering a home visit if appropriate.
- Offering support when moving up from pre-school to primary school or primary to secondary school.
You might want to call Bev for issues like these...
- "My child's behaviour is getting out of hand and I need support in handling it."
- "I have got lots of questions about being a parent."
- "I'm worried about the next parents' evening."
- "I just need someone to talk to."
- "Since my partner left me things just haven't been the same."
- "I would really like to know who else I can talk to about how my situation has changed."
- "I'm really worried about my child's schooling."
- "I have been asked to attend a meeting about my child."
- "I'm worried about my child coming up into primary/secondary school."
- "It's not necessarily a crisis but I need to to talk about sometihng that is bothering me."
- "I need help in controlling my frustraiotn and my anger."
To get in touch with Bev please contact the school and all matters are dealt with in strictest confidence.